Friday, December 16, 2016

Whats Next


Whats next?

We'll I'm home healing, and taking it easy like they told me too. I'm not suppose to lift anything over  a half a gallon of milk, and I figure that's not over 4 lbs. Our vac weights more than that!
I thought I'd post a couple pics Above, I'm relaxing getting ready to go to OR for Stage III. Note the cool, calm demeanor! Below,is the Medtronic handheld remote. I said don't we have an app for this. They said not yet, I don't believe them. I think there are some exciting things coming in the near future for PD patients. I don't know a thing about this unit yet. I'm waiting for Jan 5th.
I've got some restrictions now, can't skydive,(don't jump out of perfectly good airplanes anyway) can't scuba dive greater than 33 ft, no arc welding, can't  go through medal detectors, I'm prime for the cavity search at the airport now. If I need an MRI, I have to go to Vandy to get it. The last one is the biggest hassle for me.
Medications that I'm on as we speak haven't changed since I started this ordeal, however I think that will change when I get programmed. I think it will probably reduce. That would be great. I started with 2 pills about 13 years ago and now I'm up to 11 per day, and there isn't much assurance they'll be effective. People ask about pain in DBS, Any pain I've had, has been controlled by Tylenol.

I'm hoping that this will continue to shrink. It looks like an extra set of lips below my collar bone.


Jan 5 is a big day for me. I'll get the unit programmed and turned on. Hopefully it will be something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwc6frRI3rc&t=8s

 I'm thinking about doing it Facebook Live! Tell me what you think, it just came to me to do that. Do I share this big event with my  FB circle of friends live? I hope you know that would be very uncharacteristic of me. The only reason I signed on to FB is to monitor what my daughters were into online. They are grown and gone, so I can do as I please, but I've heard some good things from you all, that has made it worth it. If they turn in on and nothing happens I could cry! Or they can turn it on and I'll cry from happiness. Over the last month or so I've tried to be transparent with my struggle with Parkinson's disease. My hope that someone would benefit from my postings. You've been very kind,calling me courageous,strong to inspirational and a motivator. I think if you were in my shoes you'd probably stepped up sooner to try to make a difference. I hope you've laughed at me, and with me along the way. I'll try to post updates along the way to share how my symptoms change and what this box in my chest is doing to counter the PD.
If you want to see a grown man cry let me know and I'll go over the top and go live if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment