Monday, December 5, 2016



Thoughts

Below is a running diologue on a Parkinson's forum about DBS. You can see its all good stuff.
I really like the statement "Yesterday I forgot I had Parkinson's" I told my girls Im not sure what that would feel like! I guess I've been looking for information to confirm my decision to proceed  with DBS. It's a somewhat long, and daunting process, without promises of success. Bleeding in the brain and stroke. They both could end your useful days  of life. The odds are low , but if you fall into that percentage oh well. I was certainly glad to read the positive remarks and I hope to add to them in the coming months.The brain is a powerful tool we have and thinking positive is the only way to go. I've done my research and I'm satisfied with the team of docs and their staff. My family is behind me.  I have people I've never met writing  to say they're praying for me. I don't think the odds could get any better, but you know it's in Gods hands anyway. Right?
I'm ready! Still got mountains to climb!

Certainly surgery is not for everyone, unfortunately, but for those found to be candidates, I say (and remark) I am not a doctor, I say do it, because although it is not a small thing, after doing this, you reborn. guaranteed ...
__________________
That's great! I also had dbs after waiting 6 years. I had the surgery done a month ago. Guess I'm a Cyborg now LOL! What a relief it has been! I'm about 90% better! Yesterday I forgot I had Parkinson's! Still hoping for a cure but this should help me get there.

Thanks for your answer, it seems almost a miracle, after about 11 years of illness, get back to doing the things that I did when I was not even sick. 
Yes, I was a doubting Thomas, also. But this November, it will be one year since I decided to have DBS. We all have the operation with different expectations - mine were to take control over my horribllle dyskinetic body. And today, I am so much improved. No longer do I twist and wryth every joint, but I can sit so quietly without of that type stuff anymore.

I just kept putting it off, thinking, "well, if I've made it this far . . .!"
Why did I takke so long?? Please start asking questions to see DBS is an option for improving your quality of life. It was worth it!

I really don't know how to put this into words. I had the procedure done this Monday, and so far, the results have been difficult to track as far as far as the symptoms that have changed. Currently the shuffling of feet is a shadow of what is was, and the on/off transisition is gone!!!!

All I can add is, please. please, consider having this done. It is absolutely life changing.

Dear friends, after about 4 months after DBS surgery, I feel very well, because I do not take any more medicine. I do not feel constantly tired, and to all of you my dear friends, fellow sufferers, I strongly suggest, does not arrive to the point of almost no return. Who can make dbs surgery, do it quietly. do not worry. the drugs also kill more quickly.http://www.neurotalk.org/images/smilies/eek.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment