Thursday, November 24, 2016




I did get selected as a good candidate for DBS and was scheduled.  It's a bunch of trips to Vandy to complete all of the necessary things required in this extensive procedure, I'm guessing there isn't much difference at other medical centers.

I had a pre-operative appointment one week prior to Stage 1. It consisted of a nurse going over the instructions, do'S and don't'S for Stage 1. They also do another medical history review with you. They don't want any surprises and neither do you. Last item is go to the lab and give a bunch of blood . One of the preparatory items is to get a burr haircut within 3 days of your hospital visit. Not really a big deal to me, but I can see ladies having a harder time giving it up. My barber was trying to have some fun, that's as close as I come to cracking a smile!

1 comment:

  1. Vandy was an early adopter for DBS so cumulatively, they have performed the procedure more times than any other institutions.
    I'm confused (nothing new with that), but do you prefer Charlie or Scott?
    I feel certain that you will do quite well.
    If I may be of assistance, don't hesitate.
    865.250.9571
    zman@alanzimmerman.com

    ReplyDelete